Preparing Your Home for Professional Photography
Lighting and Cleaning Before Photography
- Open all blinds and drapes
- Turn on all lights and lamps, replace burnt out light bulbs
- Remove excess clutter, vacuum, clean and mop tile floors
- Wash windows both inside and out.
Staging a Living Room for Photography
- Remove clutter in the living areas
- Magazines and newspapers removed from view
- Remote controls to be stored away
- Hide power bars and cords out of sight where possible
- Arrange furniture so the rooms look as spacious as possible
- Remove throw rugs and area rugs where possible
- Study – clear and remove clutter desk, straighten items on bookshelf, file papers away
- Toy room – organize and remove toy clutter
Staging a Kitchen for Photography
- Counters to be clean, uncluttered and clear of any appliances and utensils
- Kitchen sink to be free of dishes
- Remove magnets, photos, calendars, etc. from refrigerator
- Take away tea towels
Staging the Bathroom and En Suite for Photography
- Clear counter tops
- Polish faucets and mirrors
- Remove stains from sinks, grout and bathtubs
- Clear away any personal items and cleaning products
- Remove all towels and toilet paper roll
- Toilet seat lid closed
Staging the Bedroom for Photography
- Make the beds with fresh, clean linen
- Clear out anything from under the bed that is visible
- Bedside tables are to be clean, free of tissue boxes, remote controls, alarm clocks, jewelry, etc.
Staging the Front Yard, Gardens, and Backyard
- Move vehicles out of view from front of house
- Paving and sidewalks cleared, swept and weeds removed
- Garbage bins and garden hose to be stored out of sight
- Fertilise and mow lawn
- Trim hedging and overgrown shrubbery
- Put away lawn equipment and gardening tools
- Neatly arrange outdoor items such as furniture and play equipment
- Pools – cleaned with leaves and debris cleared. Water feature turned on
- Pool equipment should be stored out of sight where possible
If the 3 rules of buying a property are “location, location, location”, then of equal value importance are the 3 rules of selling: “presentation, presentation, presentation”. With over 87% of buyers starting their search online, professional photos can mean the difference to be on a buyer’s short-list or not.
Images are captured at dusk - those moments with stunning light between the night and day. Twilight photography is excellent for showcasing exterior and interior views, emphasizing the rich colours and dramatic shades of light.
Full-Screen Virtual Tours
A 360° view of an interior or an exterior aspect of a property. Gives potential buyers an online interactive experience, almost the same as if they were physically immersed in the environment.
Interactive Floor Plan
A floor plan on the property displayed online where buyers can click on the hot spots to bring up corresponding high quality images. A simple and easy way to engage potential buyers with a point of reference.
Justin Havre & Associates also offers the following when selling a home:
- Walkthrough Movies
- International Exposure
- Seller Reports
- Point of Interest Mapping
Contact us if you're getting ready to sell your home in Calgary or surrounding areas.