How Do I Select A REALTOR®?
When selecting a REALTOR® remember to consider:
1. What's their criteria: Select a REALTOR® based on criteria specific to the company.
2. Are they competent? Select a REALTOR® based on the competence of the person/team and the services provided.
3. Are they experienced? Select a REALTOR® based on experience and track record to deliver your desired result. Never base your choice on price; local market conditions control sale prices, not the REALTOR®.
4. Can they help you make informed decision? REALTORS® have no control over the market, only the marketing plan. It is wise to select a REALTOR® first and then discuss price and market position of your property. Do not encourage REALTORS® to “bid up” the price to get your listing. True professionals will give you candid feedback and factual information so that you can price your home within the market.
5. Is their pricing realistic? Don’t select a REALTOR® based on giving you the highest unrealistic price to list at. This is probably one of the biggest mistakes sellers make. They are presented with unrealistic pricing of their home and get all excited only to be disappointed afterwards.
6. Can they talk about the good and the bad? Don’t select a REALTOR® on being the “most likeable” person. Hire a professional who is not afraid to have difficult conversations when needed. Many people will try to avoid a difficult conversation about price or obstacles in getting the sale done. Ensure you have the fact and that you can make an educated decision and choice. You don't hire your doctor based on how nice they are, you hire them to take care of you, whether it is good or bad. Same applies to your biggest investment.
Every member of the team at Justin Havre & Associates is a designated REALTOR®. Trust the experts with any of your real estate needs, get in touch with us online or give us a call at 403.217.0003 to speak to one of our team members today.