Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First Community Involvement
We work to help our clients find the perfect home for their needs, in terrific local communities. Our community has made us successful, and we are dedicated to doing the same for it. Giving back to our neighbourhoods, helping non-profits, and fundraising for programs is fundamental to the growth and prosperity of the city and its residents — our neighbours.
Children's Miracle Network
RE/MAX is a premiere partner of the Children's Miracle Network, a Canadian organization of over 14 children's hospitals. Each year, these care facilities treat over 2.6 million children from all over the country. Over the last 20 years, RE/MAX has donated over $55 million to the organization by agents who make a contribution with every home sold through the Miracle Home Program.
At Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First, we're proud to say that we donate a portion of the commissions we earn from every sale to the Children's Miracle Network for the Alberta Children's Hospital. As one of Canada's top contributors within the RE/MAX system, we're committed to helping children in need.
Calgary Food Bank
Our team at Justin Havre & Associates of RE/MAX First is giving back to the Calgary Food Bank. We have raised and donated over $12,000 to the Calgary Food Bank, supporting those in our community who are in need. Every dollar donated equals $5 of distributed food! We're honored to be involved with this essential Calgary charity!
Calgary Children's Foundation
We are also proud to support the Calgary Children's Foundation. As part of our most recent Pledge Day, we made a pledge of $11,000 towards this wonderful foundation. The Calgary Children's Foundation is a community cornerstone that has raised funds for an assortment of important local charities. What all of these charities share is a mission to help children overcome obstacles and provide them with opportunities they may not have otherwise had. These charities include:
- Between Friends, Camp Bonaventure: Between Friends gives locals with disabilities the opportunity to discover wonderful recreational, social, and outdoor activities in a fun and friendly environment. Camp Bonaventure is rich with exciting experiences for children and youth, from sports to essential outdoor skills.
- Albert Park / Radisson Heights Community After School: This after school program is a registered non-profit and offers families living in the Albert Park and Radisson Heights neighborhoods safe, reliable, and affordable childcare after school.
- EvenStart for Children Foundation: EvenStart for Children Foundation of Calgary provides programs for at-risk children and children who have gone through trauma. The foundation supports these local youth and their families, making the organization a critical fixture in the community.
- Janus Academy: Janus Academy is an educational institution for elementary, junior high, and high school students with autism. With exceptional student-teacher ratios and a focus on programming tailored to each student's needs, this wonderful school is a valuable place for many local students and their families.
- Hospice Calgary Society — Children's Grief Counselling: Hospice Calgary Society helps children, youth, and adults who have a loved one with a life-threatening illness or with the passing of a loved one. The society offers counselling and supports these families and individuals as they go through the difficult grieving process.
Legacy Place Society
In Support of our First Responders, including: Peace Officers, Fire Fighters, Emergency Medical Services, 911 Dispatch, and Military Personnel.
First Responders face horrific, personal, complicated and devastating situations on the work front and then find themselves working hard to find a balanced life perspective on the home front.
The issues of Post Traumatic Stress (PTSD), Operational Stress Injury (OSI), and the psychological and physiological impact on our First Responder and Military Personnel lives can create emotional and physical havoc. The vicarious trauma and demands of the professions can be major stressors on the individual and the family.
- Provide confidential and safe transitional housing to First Responders and Military Personnel (individually or as a family) for their well-being, security and access to professional support, so that they can recover quickly from a broad range of serious difficulties.
- Provide a confidential crisis response by telephone for First Responders and Military Personnel, that facilitates connection to professional and peer support.
- Increase knowledge, reduce stigma and enable networking by organizing and facilitating mental health and suicide awareness conferences for the military, emergency medical services and law enforcement communities.
Legacy Place Society encourages our men and women in uniform and their families to steer themselves through the everyday adversity, reframe the difficult realities of their profession and to encourage daily behaviors that are conducive to recharge and re-engage with themselves, their families and workplace.
Legacy Place Society strives to provide resources that are relevant and meaningful to strengthening those who we are proud to call our community heroes and their families. As we collectively and with collaboration with the Services, go through the various programs, mission trips, fund-raising events, and all that is involved in the logistics of each of these areas.
Volunteering Around Calgary
If you have a suggestion for ways in which we can help give back to our community, feel free to send us a message with the details of your fundraising initiative or event.
If you'd like to learn more about these initiatives and others, contact a team member today by calling 403.217.0003 or by contacting us online at any time!