Calgary is home to some of the richest neighbourhood in Canada. These are very exclusive areas full of large and luxurious homes. Here are some of the riches neighbourhoods found throughout Calgary.
- Average Household Net Worth: $6.38 Million
- Average Annual Household Income: $845,038
- Average Home Price: $1.39 Million
In terms of net worth Roxboro is in fifth place but in second place with average annual household income. It is also in second with the most expensive homes. Its tree lined streets are bordered by the Elbow River on the North and on the East by the St. Mary’s Cemetery.
- Average Household Net Worth: $6.54 Million
- Average Annual Household Income: $617,128
- Average Home Price: $1.29 Million
The Canadian Pacific Railway helped establish this affluent neighborhood. It was named “American Hill” because of how many American settled there due to the railroad. The area was promoted and renamed after the rich Montreal Neighborhood where the President of the railway lived.
The residents here are not as likely to be adventurous with vacationing and participating in cultural opportunities, although it continues to retain its rich character.
- Average Household Net Worth: $6.55 Million
- Average Annual Household Income: $660,328
- Average Home Price: $1.13 Million
This neighborhood’s residents like their microbrews and voted 75.7% Conservative in the last election. Even by Alberta’s standards that is a high percentage. The inhabitants of Eagle ridge know who to be thanking for their prosperity.
- Average Annual Net Worth: $6.59 Million
- Average Annual Household Income: $553,556
- Average Home Price: $1.35 Million
They are the residents that will be more likely to be skiing, going to the ballet, drinking fine wines and craft beers, also going to art galleries, the ballet and museums.
- Average Household Net Worth: $7.02 Million
- Average Annual Household Income: $1,452,094
- Average Home Price: $2.28 Million
Today this neighbourhood exhibits some of the best mid-century modern architecture. This richest neighborhood in Calgary is located along the East bank of the Elbow River. Rocky Mountains and River Valley views are worth millions.
All of these neighbourhoods provide plenty of beautiful homes. If you’re looking for the luxurious areas of Calgary, start with these five.