The second Sunday in August always provides a fun time on the streets of the Marda Loop. This area of Calgary is transformed into a New Orleans-themed Marda Gras Street Festival full of all kinds of fun. It's a free event for residents to enjoy and one of the top choices in August for all ages.
The event will start at 10am and run until 5pm with thousands coming out to enjoy the experience. Entertainment will be provided for all ages including:
- Kids Quarter - Full of fun for kids with crafts, games, activities, entertainment, face painting, a bouncy castle and more.
- Art Tent - A large tent with plenty of great pieces on display.
- Street Performers - Plenty of interesting performers will provide all kinds of entertainment including a magician, one-man dhows, juggling and more.
- Open Streets Area - Full of fun with bicycles, bike tune-ups and everything bikes, this area will provide plenty for everybody to enjoy.
- Main Entertainment Stage - The pain stage will feature plenty of great music from all kinds of genres.
This festival will provide plenty for all to enjoy. There will even be a pet pageant.
Music will run all day long on the main stage including:
- The Dixie Knights at 10am - They perform Oktoberfest, Big Band Music and Dixieland.
- The Bow Djangos from 11:15am to 2:15pm - A group providing plenty of jazz and swing music from the 1920s to the 1950s.
- Jumping Camel Belly Dance from 12:15pm to 4:30pm - This dance group will provide plenty of Middle Eastern dance to non-traditional music.
- Dr Z and the Boyz at 3:15pm - Providing high energy fun with jazz and funky blues music.
If you want to come out and enjoy a great event this summer, the Marda Gras Street Festival is the right choice. This event will be held on Sunday, August 9th at the Marda Loop Community area.