Looking for some summer fun? Well Calgary has something that might suit your fancy… Calgary Fringe Festival! From July 31st to August 8th, the Calgary Fringe Festival highlights over 150 international, national and local productions. Currently 9 full-length days of Fringe, set right between the Edmonton Fringe and the Winnipeg Fringe!
What is Fringe?
Fringes are non-mainstream and uncensored theatre festivals. The Calgary Fringe Festival founded by Blair Gallant in hopes of building a fresh cultural uniqueness for Calgary! This came after experiencing Rocky Horror at the Edmonton Fringe Festival.
Motivated by the feel of community, compassion, and community oneness established on the acceptance he felt while attending the festival. Gallant set Calgary apart from the rest with a one of kind mix of creative and pioneering money-making background, the fundamentals were laid down to assure that Calgary’s Fringe Festival is an imperishable and culturally open festival. Blair built the festival utilizing uncomplicated ideals:
Things to Know and Enjoy
- Purchase tickets in advance - The early bird catches the worm & in this case has more fun.
- Pick up a Festival Program Guide. - It’s Fringe at your fingertips (show summaries/times, map and ticket prices) the guide has everything. Starting in July lookout for the Festival Program Guide at select Second Cup and Inglewood merchant locations.
- Don’t leave it all to the reviews - What hot, not, and what interests you; word of mouth is a great way, if not the only way, to find out the really good shows but don’t let what someone says stop you from seeing a show that interests you.
- Play the part of a drifter - Give yourself ample time. Time to see the sights and learn everything the Fringe has in store.
- Don’t procrastinate - See shows early. Why wait till the last minute? Tickets go fast better yet come experience opening night!
Get your tickets and find out more about the festival at, http://www.calgaryfringe.ca.