The foundation of food at the Rouge restaurant starts with ingredients that are fresh and top of the line. Local food growers partner up with the restaurant to provide customers with some of the best dishes and the onsite garden allows for fresh ingredients as well. The cuisine offered in this region is high quality and this restaurant has gained quite a bit of popularity in the area.
The menu is carefully chosen to help give customers a great variety with wine that compliments each and every entrée on the menu. The wine selection this restaurant offers has even become recognized by Wine spectator Magazine with the Award of Excellence.
Some of the dinner entrees you can take advantage of include:
- Smoked sturgeon, braised red cabbage, beluga lentils and horseradish
- Driview lamb loin, confit lamb neck, cavateli, cultured squash, black garlic, salt baked celeriac, and chimmi churri
- Top grass tenderloin, beef cheek perogies, roast beets, dill crème fraiche
- Organic ocean ling cod, fingerling potatoes, mushrooms, braised leek, sauce béarnaise
- And more!
If you are interested in pairing wine with your dinner or even lunch, take advantage from a huge selection that includes:
- 2012 bodega chakra pinot noir
- 2012 ch. Mas neuf paradox syrah
- 2012 southbrook triumph chardonnay
- 2013 alpha estate axia malagouzia amyndeo
- 2012 domaine mur mur ium le retour ventoux
- And more!
The Rouge restaurant was built in 1891 and is located on the banks of the Bow River which is about 5 minutes from downtown Calgary and free parking is offered, as well. The Rouge is an ideal venue for your dining experience and we offer a number of alternatives for your gatherings whether they be lunch or dinner.
There are several areas where you can dine such as the dining room, the Atrium, and also the Parlor. Each one offers a warm atmosphere as well as a warm environment and in the warmer months there is an outdoor garden patio area that allows you to dine and host private functions as well. There are 6 city lots that are covered in the garden area as well as trees that offer picturesque views.
Lunch hours are from Monday to Friday from 11:30am to 1:30pm and dinner is Monday to Saturday from 5pm to close. You can also take advantage of gift certificates to give to those who are on your gift giving list.
This restaurant has become popular in the area and if you are looking for an elegant atmosphere The Rouge restaurant may just have what you need.