The Lougheed House was constructed in 1891. James and Isabella Lougheed established the home for their family, but it is now a National and Provincial Historic Site and Museum. The home is situated on 2.8 acres of land, and can be found in the Beltine of Calgary.
There are a variety of activities to do at the Lougheed House, which includes taking tours of the home and garden areas, viewing educational displays, grab lunch at the restaurant, and take home a souvenir. There are school programs available, and the home can be rented for special events. Makes a great place for a wedding, family reunion, or special occasion party.
Events are held in the ballroom, and sometimes the second level of the home. There are a variety of events hosted by the Lougheed House, which include art and historical media. Here are some of the upcoming events at the Lougheed House:
- Your Town is Our Town – Held from March 25th to June 14th.
- Your Town Instagram Contest – Held from March 25th to May 31st.
- The Turner Valley Gas Plant Portfolio – Held from January 21st to March 22nd and will contain photographs taken by George Webber.
- Shooting the City: Street Photography Workshop – Held on May 30th from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Featuring “Your Town is Our Town” Photographers.
There is no admission to the gardens, museum gift shop or the restaurant. For special events and exhibits there may be special entry fees. Coupons are not redeemable during special events.
- Adult - $8.50
- Senior and Students – $ 6.50
- Ages 6 to 12 – $5.00
- Under 6 – Free
- Family – $25.00
Hours of Operation
- Lougheed House – 11:00 am to 4:00 pm Wednesday through Friday, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Restaurant – Lunch is available Wednesday through Sunday from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. Brunch is served Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Gardens – Open every day from 7:00 am till dark.